Supports the skin after manipulation treatments
Skin manipulation treatments like laser, micro needling, dermabrasion, dermaplaning, skin peels, permanent make-up and waxing continue to grow in popularity. This puts pressure on the professional skin therapist and medical personnel to get the best result possible for everyone, despite different client expectations and the difficulties that might be posed by their skin type.
The four main benefits of GF1 when used as an aftercare product to support the skin after manipulation are:
- A strong antiseptic action against pathogens including biofilm, bacteria, viruses and fungi
- A reduction in inflammation which means less redness and less pain
- 60 to 70% faster healing than without using the product
- Much lower risk of Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation in darker skin types
Skin treatment complications
Treatment complications after skin manipulations can include:
- Koebnerization – a form of psoriasis
- Dermatitis or inflammation
- Prolonged erythema or redness of the skin
Reverses environmental damage & ageing skin
The ageing process causes changes in the cosmetic appearance of the skin, which shows up as changes in the skin’s structure and function. The ageing process of the skin involves both the epidermis and the dermis. The predetermined rate at which your skin ages is known as intrinsic ageing, and accounts for 20%. Extrinsic ageing due to environmental damage (sun, pollution etc) accounts for 80% of the changes. Skin, which is sun-damaged beyond its years, is referred to as prematurely aged or photo-damaged skin.
The main benefits of GF2 on the skin are:
- The genes associated with inflammation, ageing and disease are switched off.
- Skin cells begin to function normally – collagen, elastin & melanin formation is normalised.
- Smoother, more tolerant skin with fewer wrinkles, better hydration & a more even skin tone.
- Reduction in DNA-repair protein (elevated due to ageing) meaning no more DNA faults when new cells are made.
- Inflammation & redness on the skin massively reduced (great for sensitive skin).
- A beneficial effect on eczema & atopic dermatitis.
GF2 stimulates a reversal of environmental damage on the skin, giving you true rejuvenation with continuous use.
Due to its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effect, GF2 has also been found to be beneficial in the treatment of acne and rosacea. The anti-bacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties of GF2 by far exceed any known disinfectants and no resistance to it has been described. The anti-inflammatory effect reduces redness and pain in infected areas.